- What information is being collected?
- Who is collecting it?
- How is it collected?
- Why is it being collected?
- How will it be used?
- Who will it be shared with?
- What will be the effect of this on the individuals concerned?
- Is the intended use likely to cause individuals to object or complain?
- How user can request the deletion of the personal data?
At Shoutem, Inc. we have a few fundamental principles:
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it.
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products, or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our services.
- In our social networking and mobile application products, we aim to make it as simple as possible for you to control what’s visible to the public, seen by search engines, kept private, or permanently deleted.
Shoutem, Inc. (“Shoutem”) operates several websites including shoutem.com (collectively, the “Websites”), as well as a number of mobile applications on behalf of our customers (collectively, the “Applications”). It is Shoutem’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our Websites and Applications.
Website Visitors and Application Users
Shoutem collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Shoutem’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Shoutem’s visitors use its Websites and Applications. From time to time, Shoutem may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its Websites or Applications.
Shoutem also collects potentially personally-identifying information like the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. Shoutem does not use such information to identify its visitors, however, and does not disclose such information, other than under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information, as described below.
Shoutem takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Email usage for authentication
Certain visitors to Shoutem Websites and users of Shoutem’s Applications choose to interact with Shoutem in ways that require Shoutem to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Shoutem gathers depend on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for a social network at shoutem.com to provide a username and email address.
Billing information for subscription
Those who engage in transactions with Shoutem are asked to provide additional information, including as necessary the personal and financial information required to process those transactions. That data consists of a First and Last name, Billing address and Credit Card information. That data is saved on Shoutem’s payment provider Recurly.com.
Email usage for Shoutem Newsletter
If you are a registered user of Shoutem Websites or Applications and have supplied your email address, Shoutem may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, ask for your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Shoutem and our products. We primarily use our various product blogs to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
Cookies for saving browsing preferences
Cookies fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Shoutem. Shoutem does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Website-related and Application-related activities.
Shoutem may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its Websites and users of its Applications. Shoutem may display this information publicly or provide it to a third party. However, Shoutem will never disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Shoutem does not serve ads on any of its websites and it does not collect any personal data for advertising purposes.
How to access and control your personal data
How user can request the deletion of the personal data?
If a user wants to request the deletion of their personal data from the platform or service provided by shoutem.com, they can do so by following these steps:
- Compose an email: The user should send an email to email@example.com. This email should clearly state the user’s request for the deletion of their personal data.
- Include necessary information: To ensure the proper identification and deletion of the user’s data, a user should provide relevant details in the email. This includes data user used to sign in: registered email address, username, or any other account-related information.
- Specify the request: In the email, the user should explicitly mention that they are requesting the deletion of their personal data from shoutem.com.
- Await confirmation: After sending the email, the user should wait for a response from the shoutem.com support team. The team may acknowledge the request and provide information about the next steps within next three business days.
- Verify identity if required: In some cases, shoutem.com might require additional verification to ensure the data is being deleted for the right user. If asked, the user should provide any necessary verification information as instructed by the support team.
- Deletion process: Once the user’s identity is confirmed (if required), shoutem.com will proceed with the deletion process, erasing the user’s personal data from their systems.
- Confirmation of deletion: Upon successful deletion of the user’s data, shoutem.com should send a confirmation email to the user, notifying them that their personal data has been removed from the platform.
It’s essential for shoutem.com to adhere to data protection regulations and ensure that users’ personal information is handled responsibly. By following this process, users can have their personal data deleted from the platform whenever they wish to do so.
Related articles from our blog: